A conversation with a cock.


_(A dramatic random blues)_

_Kukurookoo!_ _Kukurookoo!_ _Kukurookoo!_
The cock that crowed last night made a cool coo.

_"Yeee! Konkobility, penklemess,_ irritability in
our cities!
I saw _gudugudu meje and yaya mefa_ in our vicinities."

The cock that speaks like man, what do you see this time?
O gargantuan cock! Speak not
in riddles, speak not in mime!

"I saw clunky-avidity, peculiar-mess, irritability in our cities!
Wonder! I saw the cat skull in the trade tray in our vicinities."

Speak! you have swallowed tortoise to do the cult of the nation,
Meaning you've been vindicated against any persecution.

"O! Clunky-avidity; Peculiar-mess, is the title of my stories.
I saw _konkobility penklemess_ irritability in our vicinities.

I'll start my story with the Monetary Madness of Memories
The Give help; Take help, online begging for readies.
I saw the rich begging for alms and the poor giving the rich.
Advanced _bara_ from advanced beggars, bets of alms beseech.
Is _MMM_ the solution to the nation recession?
When the fly that flies later lands you'll be in regression!

I saw the saintly sinners, sinister sisters, sashaying our streets,
Scintillating seductresses and sickle cells of thoughts
Seasoned sises, always never of sex being wrought,
Spreading their deadly mats on their evil punctured pits.
Conspicuous Coke-complexioned; Fair Fanta-colour ladies,
Hawking around their values to men of dead dignitaries.

I saw the rattled snakes of our jingoistic dead Pythons,
Acerbating on us, the venoms of the past pythons in turns.
Felonious felons, feeling to flee from our fierce fiefdom;
keen kudus, dreaming to create their own kin kingdom,
Seeking the hand of some wolves that wolfs their reasons;
Beating the tambour and singing the song of treasons.

I saw the evil servants, o, sorry, the civil servants!
Busy but idle workaholic workers; subservient agents.
I saw a man who earns more than the services he renders,
Mincing in his own home, our own leger tenders.
I saw the men, whose busyness with evilness is business,
Planting in our lands, the seeds of sweet bitterness.

I saw the laymen, who called themselves our shamans
Miraculous priests with oracles of misleading guidance.
The Professor _Pellers_ that prophesies false prophesies.
Speaking his strange abracadabra and deceiving legalese.

_Yeee! Konkobility penklemess_ irritability I saw in our cities!
I saw _gududu meje yaya and mefa_ in our vicinities.

Clunky-avidity peculiar-mess, irritability I saw in our cities.
I saw the cat skull in the trade tray in our vicinities."

_*Ola Rotimi*_
A conversation with a cock. A conversation with a cock. Reviewed by Caleb Bresh on December 08, 2016 Rating: 5
Powered by Blogger.