Dreaming of change.



They wanted me to write something positive about this country
So I wrote suffering
Maybe my blood will be tested positive if I don't get to eat three times a day
Maybe it's okay to fast even when you're not praying to God
I don't know

I seriously don't know anything about this country no more
Cos the last time I closed my eyes to sleep
It was 2am
I thought I was dreaming of change then I woke up and saw myself in chain
So please forgive me if I have nothing positive to write about this country
And yes you might think that am pessimistic
But maybe it's ok to stop believing sometimes
Cos boom was the bomb blast I heard the children scream say baba
You sey wetin?
Say baba
This was the ringing tone of every mother and father that wanted an increase in their pot of soup
This was the ringing tone of every unemployed graduates
This would have been my ringing tone
But I was worried for myself
I was worried for tomorrow
Cos I knew that some change can be a scam
Just like the other day
It's been 492 days since I last heard the melodies of your name
Dollar is now 472 naira
Now I guess it's time for me to say
Baba how far na
Is this the change you promised us?


#Spokenword
Written by Joy Nnebuogo Nwanokwai aka JYC.
Dreaming of change. Dreaming of change. Reviewed by Caleb Bresh on October 07, 2016 Rating: 5
Powered by Blogger.