Not too young to love (episode 7)



At about three o’clock in the afternoon on Saturday, Vanessa decided to hit the system. Her Facebook had a new notification.

“Oh my gosh! It’s Nathan! It’s really you!”

She chanted happily, staring at his profile picture. He hadn’t changed much. He still had his boyish looks
with little beards; he was looking tall, well-built and way handsome than before without his funny looking glasses.

Vanessa couldn’t fight the smile that was making its way across her face.

Feeling elated, she immediately accepted his request and wrote a post on his wall. For the rest of the day she eagerly anticipated his reply, checking her phone for any notification. Few hours later her phone Beeped.

“Where the hell have you been Vanessa? You said ages? It’s been years more like forever! Inbox me your number we have a lot to talk about.”

Vanessa dropped her phone and screamed for joy. Thankfully, she was the only one home. He really hasn’t forgotten about me, she thought. She opened her phone and read his reply over and over again till she fell asleep.

Late that night at eleven o’clock, she opened her Facebook and was about sending her number to Nathan when he popped online, “Hey beautiful. Didn’t know you’ll still be awake by this time,”

“Hey you. Yeah I know sometimes I sleep late during the weekends.”

“You sure? Or is it some guy keeping you up?”

“If it’s any guy keeping me up, it would have to be you. But how are you?”

“I’m good and no, I’m not in Nigeria presently. I got a scholarship to study medicine.”

“Wow! That’s wonderful. You know I searched for you for a really long time.”

“Really?! So did I! I couldn’t forget about you.”

“Aww… Lol.”

“Lol. I’m sure we have a lot to say to each other but right now I’m about to go to work. It’s 5pm here and I’m on evening shift. Would send you a message when I come online.”

“Alright, no problem. It was really nice talking to you and I must say you aged really well.”

“Lol! Likewise you hun. Lerra.” Vanessa stared down at her phone with a big smile on her face.

Weeks passed, Vanessa and Nathan were always online chatting about their lives in Jss1, expressing emotions, tagging each other on Facebook and commenting on each other’s pictures and posts. Through Nathan she met several other friends and one of them was Austin Okonkwo.

Austin and Nathan had been friends since childhood and he was also with Nathan on the scholarship deal. Soon he became good friends with Vanessa.

During their chats, Austin always jokingly told Vanessa he had always had a crush on her but she was more interested in Nathan but history began to repeat itself. Months later, Nathan stopped calling. He hardly came online and Vanessa soon realized that they’d been living in the memories of the past.

As Nathan became more awol, Austin became more of a friend. He would always like her posts on Facebook, he always complimented her on every of her pictures. Chatting with him soon became a routine; he would ask about her day and called her all through the night. Neither of them knew when the friendship sailed to a relationship.

Vanessa got butterflies every single time he called her. She would tell her friends but they all said it was because she liked him but she doubted it.

On her 19th birthday, she got wishes from everyone, family, friends and acquaintances on Facebook but she waited for only one person to come online, Austin.

Few minutes to midnight, she called him and he disconnected the call. Seconds later, he called her back.

“Hey angel, how are you doing today?”

“Just there, only thing is someone forgot to wish me happy birthday.”

“Oh my gosh! I’m really sorry. I’ve been working on something and I think today is the right time to show you.” He paused. “Hold on…” it was silent for a moment then he returned.

Vanessa heard the strings of a guitar play and Austin started to sing. That was the most precious gift she’d ever received and she felt like she was on top of the world. When Austin finished, Vanessa found her voice and thanked him.

Join our WhatsApp group for quick update and to catch more fun...
https://chat.whatsapp.com/CZHI7V2KVI7A7830inzf1G
Not too young to love (episode 7) Not too young to love (episode 7) Reviewed by Caleb Bresh on April 01, 2017 Rating: 5
Powered by Blogger.