Not too young to love (last episode)


You deserve it dear and I wonder why no guy has swept you off or taken interest like I have.” Austin confessed. Did he just say he was interested in me? Vanessa wondered.

“You know guys, they all want a relationship for one thing and am not ready for that
.” Vanessa said sadly.

“Yeah, I understand you but just know I’m not like every other guy and I’ll never hurt you.” He paused.

“Vanessa, I have developed strong feelings for you and I can’t keep it to myself anymore.” There was no response at the other end.

“Hello? Vanessa?”

“Yes, I’m here and I heard what you said.”

“So..?”

“Austin,” Vanessa sighed. She didn’t want to hurt him but she couldn’t lie either. “We are in two different countries with different time zones,” she said.

“Are you sure it’s going to work out?”

“I’m not sure about anything; I’m just sure about my feelings.” Vanessa took a deep breath.

What can possibly go wrong? It’s going to be a long distance relationship with no sexual involvement, she thought to herself.

“Ok Austin. I’ll be your girlfriend.” She agreed.

Months passed, Vanessa and Austin were still as close as before. Although she got advances here and there from other guys, she chose to stay faithful because she trusted Austin and she knew he would never hurt her.

When Nathan found out about the relationship, his friendship with Austin became sour.

After soon time, Austin and Vanessa’s relationship also changed drastically. Austin hardly shared his problems with Vanessa and it became a big issue whenever he told her he would be coming home and would later cancel. She wanted to know if his refusal to come home had anything to do with finances so she could help. It’d been six months since they’d been together and on one fateful afternoon, Vanessa took a nap on the couch and dreamt Austin broke up with her.

It was so real that she woke up with tears in her eyes. She became scared and hoped it was nothing more than just a dream.

Two weeks after her dream, Austin called her one Friday evening. They spoke for a while and Vanessa could tell there was something wrong. She persuaded him to tell her the problem and he finally gave in.

“Vanessa, I think we should have a break in this relationship.”

“Okay. You see that wasn’t hard to say, was it?” She tried controlling her emotions.

“Vanessa are you ok?”

“Of cause I am, why wouldn’t I be? If I may ask, what’s the reason for the break?”

“Vanessa you’re a wonderful girl and I don’t deserve you. You’re a kind of girl every guy in his right senses would want to have. But I’m not right for you. I can’t make you happy.”

“Says who? I decide who can make me happy, Austin and I’m happy with you.”

“Please don’t make this more difficult. I’m still trying to figure myself out and I can’t drag you behind. Vanessa you deserve someone who is better and who would keep your pretty face smiling but I’m not the one.”

“Austin, I hear my mom calling, I have to go. Would send you a message on Facebook when am online.”

“No Vanessa, please wait!” The line went dead. Vanessa sat motionless on her bed.

No way would she cry over a guy. But it was too late; her rules didn’t apply to her anymore. She buried her face in her pillow and cried. She cried the pain out but the hurt was too deep. Why must first heartbreak hurt so much?! She took out her phone and deleted his pictures and his songs.

Vanessa became clingy and felt like a pest every time she found the courage to say “hi” to him. Sometimes, he would reply and then he would randomly stop replying back. She came to a conclusion that it was all her fault and she that must have done something wrong.

Vanessa then stopped putting in the effort. She stopped texting him and tried as much as possible to get him off her mind but she just couldn’t erase him out of her heart.

She got involved in activities that took her mind off him but sometimes when she thought of the breakup, she would cry all over again.

It took Vanessa six months to finally get over Austin. She erased him completely and the thought of the break up didn’t hurt any more.

Now she knows what people meant when they said “What doesn’t kill you makes you stronger.” Sometimes she wished he could explain why he did it because she didn’t want to believe she got played.

After so many experiences, Vanessa began to understand life and love. And no matter how hurt one may feel during a breakup, they would surely come out stronger and better.

One bright afternoon, she opened her Facebook and saw a new message; a message from Austin.

***THE END***
Not too young to love (last episode) Not too young to love (last episode) Reviewed by Caleb Bresh on April 02, 2017 Rating: 5
Powered by Blogger.