ODE TO MOTHER.


•••••••
Trying to have a mental picture,
Of the pain she must have gone through,
When she was birthing me,
She must have screamed and yelled,
Doctors running helter skelter,
And father whispering quietly in hope.

•••••••
How am I not to sing of her praise,
The praise of this prayerful woman,
How am I not to scream aloud,
The caring heart of this damsel,
Given to the world on April 4.

••••••••
And as simple as it looks,
As she moves majestically in the midst of the garden,
Soft wind caressing her dark hair,
Flowers acknowledging her beauty.

••••••••
And with an open mouth, I will sing,
The praise of this special diamond,
She has placed my feet on the right path,
She has rubbed balm on my injury,
She has poured oil on my feet,
And she has watered my soul.

•••••••
She deserves to be praised,
I will kowtow and mutter your goodness,
Cos' you are the best thing that ever happened to me,
My backbone, my royal jewel,
Mother, words will not be enough.

•••••••
It is your day mother,
It is your season,
Thousands will hear your voice ,
Ten thousand will acknowledge your beauty,
Nations will hear your echo,
Your footprint will leave positive traces,
And your hair shall not see the agony of the sun.

•••••••••
Once again, I will say thank you,
I will sound the alarm to the world,
The caring and loving heart of this special woman,
Mother, tears cannot convey what my heart carries,
And my smile will not be enough,
But accept my short and humble words,
Its your day mother,

•••••••
ODE TO MOTHER. ODE TO MOTHER. Reviewed by Caleb Bresh on September 13, 2016 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.