Not too young to love (episode 4)


Josh and I soon became close friends once again even closer than before, and this got most girls talking. Well, for one Josh was one of the most handsome guys in school:
Tall, fair skinned, hairy, intelligent and best of all with a nice heart. And, he was the crush of most girls that I made jealous.

I wasn’t actually seen as a pretty girl more with average looks in my own opinion: short, dark skinned with yam legs, so I wasn’t really Josh type to most of them. But for some reason he took interest in me.

We were so happy together, he made me happy and sometimes I often forgot about Nathan. But I just couldn’t, I still searched for him on Facebook still with the same pattern. At times I would search only his name and only his surname and go through all the search results still couldn’t find him.

Josh knew me so well, so much so that even if I changed my cream he could tell or I changed my facial cream he could tell and could even tell the one who worked perfectly for my face. During the holidays I would gist everybody at home about school and hostel life. About my friends and teachers, about any fight that must have taken place between teachers and students.

The holiday made my bond with Josh stronger, we would chat endlessly on Facebook and not get tired and also commented on each other status. This later made our friends more suspicious.  The holiday was over and my mom brought me to the hostel then from a far distance I showed her my hostel master. She told me she was going to have a word with him, so he would’t frighten her baby. I tried stopping her but she was adamant. I watched her walk over to him and they spoke for more than ten minutes, he would smile at times and i felt a knot in my stomach.

She returned and said to me “Vanessa your hostel master would be your new lesson teacher” I was shocked, I felt broken, did she go there to sign my death warrant or hand me right over to the devil. With this I couldn’t stop the tears from rolling down my cheeks, just like the rain, it started with drops and then a heavy down pour. How could she?! She had no right to! She could have choosen any other teacher I was friends with but she had to choose Mr steve.

This felt like a nightmare and now I began to doubt her love for me. I sat in the vehicle and cried my eyes out. She held me so tight, like she could feel my pain and she assured me everything would be alright and if I felt unusual I should tell her. And that it was for the best.

And I thought, for the best? for who? me or her?!

I got upstairs and landed on my bed like a wounded elephant with the nylon of Sweet Sensation held tightly in my hands. My school mother called me to her bunk and asked why I looked sobber.

“My mom made Mr. Steve my lesson teacher”. I whispered.

“What- When, But why?!” She asked puzzled. With her reaction she caught the attention of most people in the room.

They all came around her bunk bed and started asking questions. I soon became the center for attraction.

“Ah! But why now” one lamented.

“Aww eeyah!” another said.

“Vanessa sorry ehen.”

Their sympathy made me feel worst than I already felt and couldn’t hold the tears in for too long.

“It is ok. Oya all of you go to your beds and leave my corner. Nobody died in her family”. My school mother responded.

She tried consoling me but the tears won’t just stop rolling even as I ate my fried rice and chicken the pain had almost vanished.
Not too young to love (episode 4) Not too young to love (episode 4) Reviewed by Caleb Bresh on March 27, 2017 Rating: 5
Powered by Blogger.