Not too young to love (episode 5)


During dinner, I replayed the whole scene in my head and I still felt bad and wondered why my mom would treat me as such. I walked back upstairs in silence and tried to force myself to bed, just then I heard my name.

“Senior Vanessa
Master is calling you.”

Not again I thought. I felt my stomach tightened. When would this nightmare end I wondered and why was I the one been called? According to the roster I wasn’t to do any chores: not to wash the pots nor sweep the hall.

I took a deep breath and got out of bed and walked downstairs. I could feel my heart beat as if I was about to have an heart attack, my hands became clammy, my legs felt weak as I approached the main door, I felt my eyes swollen with tears.

I pushed the door and couldn’t see him anywhere, my heart still raced fast as I took a step forward and recognized a tall huge shadow in the dark I walked towards him and said.

“Sir, I was told you were calling me.” I said with a shaky voice and hoped he wouldn’t see how terrified I was.

“Yes I am, give me your hands and walk with me to the dinning hall.” He said.

His voice sounded relaxed and that confused me. I stared at his stretched big fat palms for about three seconds and put mine in it and was surprised how it fitted perfectly. But that wasn’t my main problem, I was still shaky and tried to wonder what went on in his mind as we walked towards the dinning hall.

“Your mom told me I would be your lesson teacher, how do you feel about that?” He asked.

Really? Did he just asked me how I felt about it? I felt like screaming out my mind of how terrified I was of him.

“Am okay with it.” I lied.

“Why are your hands sweaty?” (Ok that was not a question I expected under the circumstances).

“My hands get sweaty when am feeling hot and when am nervous.” I replied trying to rub them against my hostel ware.

“Well you can’t be feeling hot this evening, anyways write down your time table for me and come and see me during break tomorrow.” He said with a smile.

By this time we were standing in front of the hostel and for some reason I felt a little bit calm but I was still frightened anyways. I told him good night and ran upstairs.

As I opened the door I met eyes and ears awaiting the gist. _ ____ _______ __ ________ __

The odd friendship between myself and Mr Steve soon grew to a profound friendship.

I later saw he wasn’t as bad as he looked: he was nice, funny with a very distinctive character. He was soon known as my ‘school daddy’ and this made it hard for guys who had a crush on me to approach me.

Mr Steve was a typical example of ‘Don’t judge a book by its cover’. Although we didn’t start on a good foot, I learnt what he liked and disliked and made sure I did the best I could to be on his good side. Even my grades in chemistry improved and he made me love chemistry more.
Not too young to love (episode 5) Not too young to love (episode 5) Reviewed by Caleb Bresh on March 29, 2017 Rating: 5
Powered by Blogger.