The Lost souls 4.


BETRAYAL IN THE FUTURE.

I wake up the next morning with a lot of
nausea. My head was dizzy and I couldn't
get out of bed. At about half past eleven,
Arita came in my room.

"Are you okay?" she asked,"You seem
really very dull."
"Of course I am dull. I feel like puking. My
head going round. Endlessly."
"Do you want me to call your dad or th e
doctor?" she asks.
"Call the doctor but don't call my dad," I
say. My dad doesn't have to worry about
me. My stomach grumbles. I have no idea
how we are going to leave in the evening.
My stomach is groaning now. I need to
puke,"Arita get me....bag. I guess.... I...
puking ...now." she runs out of the room
and brings a bag. I puke whole heartedly.
She hands me a wet wipe after I am done.
I clean my mouth and pass out. A
nightmare haunts me.
***
I walk through a barren land. I hear a
screeching noises. I then hear a laugh. It
starts raining. I turn to find the owner of
the voice. A strong wind gushes pulling me
down. I try finding out what just happened,
trying to turn around but I can't. I feel
stuck when the ground splits into two
dragging me in. I fall down and look over
at the top and find the split ceiling closing.
I am inside a room. A huge one.
"There is a beautiful chamber made of
gold. There is a throne. A man is sitting on
the throne. A huge crowd is around the
throne. There is a narrow path leading to
the throne area from the double doors. I
take a place in the crowd. The king laughs
and points at the door. A murmur passes
through the crowd. The doors open and in
come two soldiers with a boy in between.
The boy is not more than seventeen. He is
not so clear to see from here. He looks tall
and has blonde hair. He doesn't wear
glasses and has a shirt. I must say he looks
like Julian. Wait.....did I say Julian? I push
myself closer to look at the victim. He IS
Julian. God. How couldn't I recognise him.
And what is he doing here. I try whispering
but I don't have a voice. The king gets up
from his throne. He laughs. Julian is
brought to a wooden floor in front of the
throne. The king speaks.
"Submit now. And tell us where your
friends are. And I'll leave you alone. Where
are they?" he says. Does he mean us by his
friends?
"I don't know," Julian says,"I was
searching for them."
"Where was the last place you saw them?"
He asks again. "And tell me the truth. My
people will not lie to me. They know the
truth from the false. They are the dead."
"No. I don't know. I mean I don't
remember. The last thing I remember is
telling them that the earth is spliting."
The earth splitting? Wait... Did he just say
the earth split in the sense an earthquake?
Or did he mean the way the ceiling split?
Oh my god. I feel as though he was telling
the truth. I seriously couldn't believe that
Julian was giving us away. Why was he?
Wasn't he our friend? Wasn't he supposed
to be helping us? I wanted to scream. But I
couldn't.
"You are dismissed, boy," the King says,"
This boy must be put under the Barique's
room. The deepest one. No one will ever
find him and a sighter must be place in my
room. I shall be able to see him always.
You will stay there until you remember
all."
The King laughs.
"Oh my king, I will never lie to you. For
you are the mightiest." Julian replies with a
bow.
Did he just.....bend his loyalty to the king?
The king laughs again. Julian falls onto the
floor. His eyes are closed. The soldiers
carry him to a sand-soil pit nearby and
place him on the soil. Out of nowhere,
some soil falls on him and he is buried.
The King laughs. This is too much. Julian
can't be dead. He must have just passed
out. I try reassuring myself but no use. I
feel something wrong. No use lying to my
self now. I open my mouth to scream. The
scene changes.
***
Arita's head is on my lap and we are in a
very old cave type room. I take a look
more closely. Arita is crying. She is crying.
My hand is rubbing her back slowly. She
starts crying even loudly. She says
something.

"Jules is dead. JULIAN IS DEAD. THIS IS
IMPOSSIBLE. HE IS DEAD, ADELE. He is
DEAD!!!"

she says.
"Sshhh," I say. "Don't cry. I know you were
very close to him. You can find someone
else. It's Okay he is just one person. Come
on, Arita. Be strong."
"He is not one person. He was m-my...only
-god-knows-what."
"Arita forget him." I can't believe I said
that. I know he was everything o her. She
lifts her head and looks at me.
"This is not the Adele I know. She is
supposed to be helping me." She reaches
her hand to my face and scratches it. Some
kind of brown thing falls on her hand.
She looks at it closely. I try screaming but
like before I just don't have a bloody voice.
I try to look at the stuff she was holding
but I can't move. I want to scream
something I can't. The scene changes again
to pitch black. I can hear Arita's voice.
"Adele. Aadelleeee Wake up please... wake
up."
I open my eyes and see Arita in tears.
I wanted to scream out my vision but that
would worsen her more.
"Arita?" I say,"Why are you crying? Is
everything okay? Where's Jules?"
"Right here." He says entering the room.
He looks at Arita and puts his arm around
her, rubbing her shoulder,"Stop crying
now. She's okay."
Arita leans into the crook of his neck and
sniffs.
"Who's okay?," I ask. It couldn't be me
who they were talking about. I was
perfectly fine.
"You."
"I am perfectly fine."
"You were dead!" My eyes shut and I think
of what Julian just said. I thought you
were, Julian Grace.

Thank you, till we come your way next time. Stay close breshcaleb.blogspot.com.ng...one love
The Lost souls 4. The Lost souls 4. Reviewed by Caleb Bresh on October 18, 2016 Rating: 5
Powered by Blogger.